Fun and free after-school program for kids and families
Go4Fun is a free 10-week healthy wellbeing program for children aged 7 to 13 who are above a healthy weight to enjoy along with their families.
Group activities and games
Professional tailored advice about healthy eating
Make new friends
Rewards and prizes for the kids
Positive health changes for the whole family
Run by trained health and community professionals, it’s a fun way for kids to build self-esteem and learn about eating well, staying active and living a healthy life.
Go4Fun a NSW Health program facilitated locally by Central Coast Health Promotion Service.
Programs run every school term, with our next set of programs on the Coast taking place at the following locations.
Term 1 2024 programs will take place at:
- Niagara Park Stadium, every Monday 4pm–6pm, starting Monday 5 February
- Lake Haven Recreation Centre, every Tuesday 4pm–6pm, starting Tuesday 6 February (Aboriginal program open to everyone run by Bungree Aboriginal Association)
- Mingaletta Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation, every Thursday 4pm–6pm, starting Thursday 8 February
Watch these short videos about the program
Isiah and Rachel testimonial
Marley and Chris testimonial
Who is it for?
Go4Fun is suitable for children:
- aged 7 to 13 years
- above a healthy weight
- who can be accompanied by a parent or carer to each session
Unsure if your child is above a healthy weight? You can check via Go4Fun’s Children’s Weight Status Calculator or speak to a trusted health professional.
How does it work?
- Sessions run once a week for 10 weeks during the school term
- Facilitated by qualified health professionals
- Each session includes group learning and game-based activities
- It’s a family-focused program, so a parent or carer must come to every session
What Go4Fun programs are available?
There are three variations of Go4Fun program on offer for children and their families. They are:
How do I register?
Register for a current program or express your interest for a future program online or call 1800 780 900 or SMS 0409 745 645 for a call back. Program spaces are limited, so register now to avoid missing out.
Refer your patients
If you’re a health professional, there are a number of ways you can refer patients to Go4Fun.
- Complete an online referral form to register a patient. To referral multiple patients at one time, use this bulk registration form.
- Complete a Health Professional Referral Form. Referral forms are also available on MedicalDirector, Best Practice Software and Health Pathways.
Once referred, the Go4Fun team will do the rest and find the most suitable program for your patient, based on the information you provide and what is available.
For more information, visit Health Professionals – Go4Fun.