Vege Adventure is a one-week activity to promote fruit and vegetables as part of the Crunch&Sip® break at primary school.
The aim is to encourage students to eat a different coloured fruit or vegetable each day of the week. This will encourage them to taste different fresh fruit and vegetables.
The activity was developed for Early Stage 1 and Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2) students, and offers a range of resources that are available to download. Watch the video below to see how it works.
Vege Adventure resources
- Student card – printable or fillable
- Parent letter
- Early Stage 1 Teacher Guide
- Stage 1 Teacher Guide
- Images for teachers – click on the thumbnails below
We would like to thank Stage 1 teachers, students and families at Tacoma Public School and Woongarrah Public School and the Central Coast Transition to School Projects Coordinator, Learning and Wellbeing, Public Schools NSW for their assistance in developing this resource.
While it’s important for individuals to make healthier choices, the environment we live in greatly impacts on those choices. Check out this page on the Live Lighter website to find out how to graze green and to try out colourful recipes.
The Eat a Rainbow webpage has links to useful resources such as posters, recipes, games and flash cards.
Crunch&Sip Resource Pack
Vege Adventure is an initiative that supports the Crunch&Sip program. To get your school involved with Crunch&Sip, download the Crunch&Sip Resource Pack here. The pack contains:
- Crunch&Sip school implementation guide.
- Food and nutrition-focused classroom activities that fit within the NSW primary school PDHPE curriculum and also meet other cross-curricula outcomes.
- Short lesson ideas based around healthy eating.
- Background nutrition information and helpful resources.
To receive updates about Vege Adventure resources straight to your inbox, join our mailing list.