Health Promotion provides older people, their families, carers and health professionals with information and actions that can be taken to reduce the risk of falls and the injury from falls, enabling people to live independently in the community.
Want to find out how to arrange a FREE falls prevention talk to your seniors group?
We have a number of resources that provide information on how you can prevent or reduce your risk of falls. Click on the links below to download them, or if you’re a health professional you can order the resources for distribution to your patients using our fillable order form.
- Falls prevention checklist – includes 11 simple questions to help reduce your personal risk of a fall-related injury. Read the corresponding suggestions to find out how to make the changes you need to stay on your feet.
- Home safety checklist – includes suggestions on how to make your home environment safer.
- Falls are Preventable brochure to see what steps you can take to avoid falls.
- Be Physically Active
- Home-based exercises to improve strength and balance
- Making the Most of Your Eyesight
- What to do if you fall at home – print and keep around the house as a reference.
- Falls are preventable wordsearch – can you find all the words?
- Spot the falls risk – can you spot all 21 hazards?