Central Coast Health Promotion would like to invite you to a special PDHPE Network workshop.
The workshop will be held at Niagara Park Public School on Thursday 27th of February starting at 4:00pm.
At this terms workshop Sport NSW Disability Inclusion Manager Murray Elbourn will be presenting their Disability Inclusion Program.
The intent of the program is to educate those who are teaching or coaching participants with a range of disabilities and those who have not had the training to understand the more in depth aspects of the disability spectrum or how to adapt rules and equipment for Physical Activity and therefore may lack confidence in adapting their teaching practices.
Registration opens at 3:30pm for a 4:00pm start, a light afternoon tea will be provided.
This workshop will be perfect for teachers who are looking to learn new skills or expand their existing knowledge base.
Through this terms workshop you will:
- Improved education in working with inclusion programs for physical, sensory and intellectual participants.
- Education around rule adaptions and equipment to provide a better sporting experience.
- Learn how to significantly improved sporting experiences for the participants as their needs are catered for and their enjoyment of the sport increases.
- Higher participation numbers of participants with a disability in main stream sporting opportunities.
- Improved health and wellbeing from participation